The LM2596 regulator is monolithic integrated circuit ideally suited for easy and convenient design of a step−down switching regulator (buck converter).
It is capable of driving a 3.0 A load with excellent line and load regulation. This device is available in adjustable output version and it is internally compensated to minimize the number of external components to simplify the power supply design.
Since LM2596 converter is a switch−mode power supply, its efficiency is significantly higher in comparison with popular three−terminal linear regulators, especially with higher input voltages. The LM2596 operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be needed with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in a standard 5−lead TO−220 package with several different lead bend options, and D2PAK surface mount package.
- Module Properties: non-isolated step-down (BUCK) switching regulator
- Input voltage: DC 3.0 – 35V
- Output Voltage: Adjustable 1.5 – 35V DC (Input must 1.5V greater than output)
- Output Current: Rated 2A, max. 3A (Additional Heat sink required)
- Conversion efficiency: Up to 92% (Output voltage higher, the higher the efficiency)
- Minimum dropdown voltage:1.5V
- Voltage regulation: 0.5%
- Dynamic response speed: 5% 200uS
- Switching Frequency: 150KHz
- Circuit protection: SS36
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40 to +85°C) (output power 10W or less)
- Load regulation: 0.5%
- Size: 50mm x 23 mm x 14mm
- Input 12V Output 5V 3A 60mV (MAX)
- Input 24V Output 12V 3A 120mV (MAX)